Monday, November 06, 2006

Out for a while

Just a quick note to let you know that I will be gone for about 2 weeks with limited email/internet access. I am participating in an interesting project to gather the perceptions of international aid from recipients in Angola. Too infrequently international development NGOs don't bother asking aid recipients if they got/are getting what they need from aid. The idea of this "listening project" is to actually LISTEN to people (imagine that!) and see if aid has helped or hurt people. This particular project focuses on aid during war, so hopefully I'll get to learn more about Angolans' experience during the civil war. I'll be going out to Cubal, where I was offered the chicken, for one week and then to Luanda for the next. I hope to have some interesting stories when I return.

1 comment:

Sir Chancelot said...

I was wondering where you were.
The election results are in! Very exciting, as you will see when you get back. Hey, with Republican rule, it has been like "Taxation Without Representation" all over the place, ha ha! Hopefully things will now change.