Monday, April 14, 2008

Things I'll Miss About Angola: Living so close to the water

Where I live (until 19 April, that is...)

Okay, I know I'm moving to a Caribbean island, so I'm not too upset about leaving this side of the Atlantic behind. However, I doubt I'll ever be able to afford a place to close to the water after I give up this lifestlye.

This is in Benguela, actually, but it captures just how amazing beaches here can be.

I've been spoiled- I live no more than 2 blocks away from a nice beach and my kitchen overlooks a busy bay where I can watch all sorts of ships go by. (I can also see all the trash my neighbors dump there, but that's beside the point.)

This is the view from my kitchen during the day...

...and at sunset.

Also, how many people can take their after-work happy hours from any number of beach-side bars? The beach has also been a wonderful supply of improvised kitty litter.

No comments: